Sunday 10 March 2013

Review: Skindinavia ‘No More Shine’ Makeup Setting Spray


This is the first makeup setting spray I have ever used, so I can't compare it to others. This is simply my thoughts on this spray.

I bought the small size bottle in both the original and the ‘no more shine’ version and was pleasantly surprised!
Both work so well, however because I do have combination skin with an oily t-zone I have decided to purchase the full size bottle in the ‘no more shine’ version.


First of all, let me tell you the customer service from Skindinavia Australia is absolutely amazing! With my original order, I waited over a week and finally contacted them through their website. They emailed back within a few hours saying it had been delivered days ago and the mail man had forgot to leave a little slip telling me to go pick it up from the post office. Then, when I made my second order of a full size bottle, I accidently ordered the original instead of the ‘no more shine’ version. They were more than happy to change my order and sent me the bottle I was after. Finally, when I received the bottle I realized the spray pump on the bottle didn’t disperse the product evenly, I contacted them yet again and they sent me out a whole new bottle with a return post bag to return my faulty item!
Each time I contacted the company they replied within a few hours, and each person I dealt with were so lovely and helpful! A+++++.

Back to the product itself, it’s oil-free and paraben-free which is great, and it does disperse evenly (apart from my faulty bottle, but like I said that was replaced).

What it promises:
Controls shine and absorbs oil over face and t-zone while preventing makeup slippage. Formulated for oily skin types.
                Extends makeup wear for oily and combination skin types.
                Fewer required "touch-ups" throughout the day.
                Stops makeup slippage on t-zone.
                Can be used both under and over makeup.
                Controls shine and oil without drying.

I can’t confirm it keeps makeup in place for 16 hours, as I haven’t left my makeup on for that long! But I do feel like I can agree that it does what it promises.

I use a couple of sprays before my primer, and then a few sprays after everything, but before I put on my mascara. It doesn’t ruin your makeup (I was a bit worried to spray it on at first). It does feel a little ‘wet’ at first, but then dries after a few seconds. It looks great on the skin, gets rid of all traces of powder and I feel like it makes your makeup turn into a ‘second skin’ when you spray it on.

I’ve said in a previous post that I never take any makeup blotting paper or powder with me when I’m out and about on a daily basis, and using this product I don’t need to anyway!

This is now one of my holy grail products. It’s like I need to use it every single day, and if I don’t I feel like my makeup is incomplete. It just brings everything together and it makes my makeup look great and last all day!

You can purchase the small 20ml ‘sample bottle’ for $14.00, or the large, 118ml bottle for $39.95 off the Skindinavia Australia website with $9.95 postage. Postage took about 3 days for me.

I’ve heard Skindinavia is the company that makes the Urban Decay setting sprays. Have you tried any of them? What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Such a brilliant review! It really was super helpful :DD And you've got a lovely blog as well. I'm following you now! Hope you could visit my blog and follow back if you like :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alysha, I'll check out your blog now :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't want to splurge on the bigger size bottle the $14 bottle is great to try it out!
      xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like something I need in my life! I hate the afternoon shiny face, definitely sounds like this could help solve my problems!

    Love Tweet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great product. I don't know what I did without it in my life!
      xo

      Delete

Please remember to click "subscribe by email" so you receive my replies xx

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...