Thursday 28 February 2013

February Favourites

Hi everyone :)
So this is my first ever monthly favourites! I see these posts all over the blogging and YouTube world, and as I enjoy reading and watching them I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and show you mine.
To vary it up a bit I also included my favourite perfume of the month, food of the month and song of the month together with my favourite beauty products of the month.




Too Faced Natural Eye Shadow Collection






I've already raved about this product this month, but this has definitely been my go to eye shadow palette of the month. It’s a gorgeous neutral palette with 3 matte shades and 6 shimmer shades.
Check out my full review of this palette here.









Too Faced Amazing Face Liquid Foundation


This has been my most reached for foundation this month. I love the fact that it has more of a dewy finish, and that it's oil-free and paraben-free.
At first I was worried about using a foundation that wasn't matte because of my oily t-zone, but this doesn't seem to look oily on my skin at all!
The bottle is made of glass and is absolutely gorgeous, which makes me love it even more (yes, I am one of those people who get sucked in by cute packaging!)
The shade I currently wear is 'Perfect Nude', and there's a photo of me with this foundation on in my last FOTD post here.





Revlon ColorStay Liquid Pen Eyeliner in ‘Blackest Black’




I haven’t actually seen many reviews of this on blogs, but I absolutely love it! If I am wearing liner on my upper lash line there is a 90% chance it’s this one. It has a felt tip which makes it super easy to control, it’s extremely black and doesn’t budge on me all day. You can create a thin, precise line, or a thicker line with ease. I love it so much that I’ve already got a backup waiting in my stash!
I also used this in my last FOTD post here.







Jordana Brow Shadow Powder





I purchased this from CherryCulture for $1.99 and can't tell you how happy I am. Previously, I had never used a powder for my eyebrows, just a pencil. I got this in the colour '04 Brown' and it looks so natural and blends in with my natural eyebrows perfectly.
I used this on my eyebrows in my last FOTD post here.
If you haven't seen my CherryCulture haul you can read it here.






Skindinavia ‘No More Shine’ Makeup Setting Spray



This is the first makeup setting spray I have ever used, and it has not disappointed! I bought this in both the original and the ‘no more shine’ version. Both work so well, however because I have combination skin with an oily t-zone I have decided to purchase the full size bottle in the ‘no more shine’ version. It’s also oil-free and paraben-free which is a bonus.
You can purchase this off the Australian Skindinavia website for $14 for the smallest bottle or $39.95 for the larger bottle.






Tangle Teaser









I picked this up in a recent order I made from BeautyBay for $12.88 and I’m so glad I added it to my shopping bag. I’m not going to talk too much about it as I’m sure you’ve read loads about them already, but I agree with everything I’ve read. They glide through my long hair easily and don’t tug or rip out half of my hair. Love it.











Perfume of the Month: YSL Baby Doll Perfume


I originally got this as a birthday gift two years ago, and told myself when it ran out I’ll be purchasing another bottle. As I finally began to run out last month, I was picking up something in Chemist Warehouse where I noticed they had the 100ml bottle on sale for $40 down from $150 and didn't think twice about picking it up!
I’m horrible at describing fragrances, but to me it smells fresh, youthful, elegant, fruity and floral all in one – if that’s even possible!
All I can say is stop and smell this if you get the chance, it’s so beautiful and the bottle is absolutely stunning.





Food of the Month: Nestle Cookies N’ Cream Chocolate


Hi, I'm Samantha and I'm addicted to chocolate.
This month my brother bought about 30 blocks of this home and I ate it every single day until it was all gone! If it’s in my house I just can’t help myself! It’s a creamy white chocolate with cookie chunks throughout – delicious chocolaty goodness.




Song of the Month: Shades of Love by Empty Trash
I'm not usually one for listening to old songs - but this month I watched a childhood favourite of mine - Holiday in the Sun by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (yep I'm 20 and still watch kiddie movies). During the movie this song is played and I fell in love with it all over again! Totally not my standard music choice, but I thought I'd share it as I've had it on repeat ever since. Give it a listen and let me know what you think!

12 comments:

  1. I really love you, your blog, and this post, but you really got me with the Holiday In the Sun. That movie was my fav back int he day.
    If you could give me your thoughts on my latest post that would make my day.
    XOXO
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Morgan! Holiday in the Sun was such a good movie! Haha.
      I've followed your blog :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. Great post :) I love the too faced pallete, it has some gorgeous shades in it!!

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really need to try a tangle teaser i hear nothing but good things about them! and dang that choc looks good! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really great!
      That chocolate is amazing :) haha
      xx

      Delete
  4. great things , love the palette so pretty ;)
    follow back, if you like ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to click "subscribe by email" so you receive my replies xx

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...